Monday, June 2, 2008

Ah Victoria

Well, it's official. I am now a Victorian as opposed to a Vancouverite.

It is always nice when you move into a new home and get a reinforcement or two as to why you decided to move. Yesterday, our official move in day, we got more than a few, in no particular order:
  • A pair of hummingbirds came to greet us at the front door. I think they live in the hood.

  • We saw the view of Mount Baker that was showcased on the "For Sale" promo sheet, but was conveniently hidden behind clouds the day we put the offer in.

  • I met our neighbour and his dog. They both offered to play with Kje.

  • The movers were awesome and I wish they could stay and be our neighbours.

  • Paris and I managed to walk over the hill to the village on the twisting-turning trail without getting lost.

  • Paris still loves his bedroom and bathroom and had his first shower ever without me having to ask him twenty times over four days (okay, I exaggerate, slightly).

  • A deer found its way into our backyard, giving the Czech a reason to try out his mountain bike on our back steps and garden pathway. I have dubbed the trail "Czechworks." Who wouldn't want a bike park in their backyard?

  • The house looks better than I remembered. Whew!

  • More deer across the road, and down the road, and on the road.

  • Time for our inaugural bike ride down Lochside Trail to Mattick's Farm, where Paris won the mini golf tournament and I indulged in a commiserating cone of Root Beer Ice Cream. Smiley, happy people everywhere.

  • Closets, closets, closets. It's the simple things in life that make you smile!

  • Waking up the this morning with the kitchen drenched in sunlight. Ah, you have to love a south-east facing West Coast Contemporary home! Thanks to Mom and Dad for introducing me to this style of home many, many years ago!
Look closely, you will see a deer on the left, Kje on the right and our huge strawberry patch in the middle. And of course, Czechworks trail all around.

2 comments:

Marla said...

Wow, it sounds like the move went well. I am so happy that Kje has settled in so well, you must be relieved. I love being in Victoria, and I cant wait until we can come and see your new home.

andi said...

I am so, so excited for you guys! what a wonderful lifestyle change for you. I cant wait to visit!!