It is always nice when you move into a new home and get a reinforcement or two as to why you decided to move. Yesterday, our official move in day, we got more than a few, in no particular order:
- A pair of hummingbirds came to greet us at the front door. I think they live in the hood.
- We saw the view of Mount Baker that was showcased on the "For Sale" promo sheet, but was conveniently hidden behind clouds the day we put the offer in.
- I met our neighbour and his dog. They both offered to play with Kje.
- The movers were awesome and I wish they could stay and be our neighbours.
- Paris and I managed to walk over the hill to the village on the twisting-turning trail without getting lost.
- Paris still loves his bedroom and bathroom and had his first shower ever without me having to ask him twenty times over four days (okay, I exaggerate, slightly).
- A deer found its way into our backyard, giving the Czech a reason to try out his mountain bike on our back steps and garden pathway. I have dubbed the trail "Czechworks." Who wouldn't want a bike park in their backyard?
- The house looks better than I remembered. Whew!
- More deer across the road, and down the road, and on the road.
- Time for our inaugural bike ride down Lochside Trail to Mattick's Farm, where Paris won the mini golf tournament and I indulged in a commiserating cone of Root Beer Ice Cream. Smiley, happy people everywhere.
- Closets, closets, closets. It's the simple things in life that make you smile!
- Waking up the this morning with the kitchen drenched in sunlight. Ah, you have to love a south-east facing West Coast Contemporary home! Thanks to Mom and Dad for introducing me to this style of home many, many years ago!
Look closely, you will see a deer on the left, Kje on the right and our huge strawberry patch in the middle. And of course, Czechworks trail all around.