Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy 12 1/2

In Canada, the big wedding anniversaries are 10, 20, 25, 30, etc, etc. Tin, china, silver, pearl...rock, paper, scissors.

In Holland, 12 1/2 is the big deal.

The theory, according to my friend William, is that 12 1/2 is half-way to 25. Supposedly, they celebrate by renting out big boats and having a dance-cruise-party with friends and family.

I kinda like that.

My husband reminds me every month (almost) of the anniversary of when we met. We are on month 146, or something like that. I kinda like that too.

I kinda like him too!! :)

Problem is, when I think of 12 1/2 years, I think of 9 1/2 weeks. Hmmm...

If you check the traditional wedding anniversary gift list, 12 is silk and 13 is lace.

12 1/2? Based on today's day and age, I don't think a steamy, hot video wrapped in lace and delivered in silk is too far off.

But just maybe not on the boat.

No comments: