Thursday, March 27, 2008

Change

I read this in enRoute magazine last week: "I'm always around the corner from things that could change my life."

Hmmm... I kinda feel like I rounded the corner a week or so ago at full speed on a black BMX with a bright yellow banana seat, and then I slammed into Change as he was sitting there minding his own business reading a copy of "Everything I Need to Know I Learned In Kindergarten."

Or would that be the other way around?

Yah, I was minding my own business, taking a bath, reading a peaceful book and Change came around the corner, climbed my fence, crawled onto my roof and jack-hammered his way into my claw-foot tub. Water spilled onto the floor and my book got wet.

Either way, life has a way of changing, and then changing you. I guess it's my time. It seems it is always my time.

Once, a long time ago, I moved far, far away and then later realized that I made the wrong decision.

Now, I am moving a hop-skip-and-a-jump across a beautiful pond you have to fly over and I don't think the decision is the wrong one.

Just in case a few years from now I change my mind on that, I want to let you know that I will call Change from around the corner and force him to spill my water, yet again. Either that or my banana seat will be waiting to fly me back again, full speed.

3 comments:

Maggy and Me - said...

Yahoo! Change is good, change is good!! I can attest that sometimes we must take that leap of faith, and yes, sometimes it's a return trip. And as we know that's what life is all about - growth, new experiences, following an interesting idea or opportunity.

Congratulations on this very interesting opportunity and best wishes as you and your family make this move. Way ta go Susan! :)

andi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
andi said...

Let's try that again!

As someone who has done a medium hop, and currently in the middle of a big hop, I can relate.

I have learned that deciding to make a change is the tough part for me, I actually adjust to changes remarkably well. Me and change? We're buds.