Monday, April 9, 2007

50 Million Bubbles for Breakfast

A friend of mine passed me a copy of Red, White, and Drunk All Over, a book on wine by sommelier Natalie MacLean.

On page 108 Natalie quotes Madame Bollinger: "I drink champagne when I am happy, and when I am sad. Sometimes I drink it when I am alone. When I have company, I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it - unless I am thirsty."

I am one of those people who politely, but quite happily, sips a flute or two topped with freshly squeezed on Christmas morning. I am also known to have a kir royale when dining en le petite france en burnaby, otherwise known as my brother and sister-in-law's house. Little did I know I was downing 50 million bubbles each glass! According to this little red book, there are 250 million bubbles in a bottle of Dom Perignon.

I kinda like the idea of having 50 million bubbles for breakfast. Perhaps I will try to be more like Madame Bollinger. I could use more happy bubbles inside me.

No comments: