Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Fly Naked


I am one of those people that keeps my dictionary handy. And my thesaurus. And my style guides. I have three dictionaries that I use regularly, and now, I just might have four.

I was recently introduced to the urban dictionary. If you can read it without paying attention to the swear words and derogatory remarks, it is kinda interesting.

For example, I just read about the term Fly Naked, which means to fly somewhere with the bare-minimum of belongings, and purchase the rest where you are.

"Aren't you going to pack for Thailand?"
"No, I'm going to fly naked."

Funny, I was just chatting with the grrls about that earlier today. How one day I am going to rebel from this urban lifestyle and just fly, fly away into Neverland. My husband and I are going to be flip-flop wearing nomadic travellers and live happily ever after in a world of pirates, treehouses, mermaid's lagoons, and teepees. Of course, we fully expect you and the kids to visit us in some remote village in a tropical jungle for a cup of mint tea.

But now... now I am going to turn it up a notch and fly naked. How's that for a happy little thought?

No comments: