- To sleep in with my younger son
- To wake up by myself and have a cup of tea in a quiet house
- To play with my photography, no interruptions
- To watch my son, wearing only a t-shirt and his superhero underwear, bring me his homemade gifts: a beaded bracelet, a beaded necklace, a potted flower, and a card saying "I love you Mom"
- A little rock from my older son Paris
- To hug Paris for a very, very, very long time
- A simple picnic with croissants, fresh strawberries, and a fire
- Told many times by my husband that he loves me
- Another hug from Paris
- A book that I wanted to read
- To have dinner with my family: mom, dad, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews
- To give my Mom a present she has wanted for a very, very, very long time: a photo album full of pictures of her family, sons, daughters, grandkids
- To hug my mom for a very, very, very long time
No diamond rings, no fancy restaurants, no eggs benedict in bed.
Just time, love, a few small things, and a few big moments. Perfect.