Saturday, May 12, 2007

Pantie Prelude to Mother's Day

When I was 8-years-old, my mom took me shopping for underwear. I was drawn to a pack of three panties, each with dots, stripes, or flowers in various shades of blue, green, and yellow.

Then I noticed the price tag. The colourful undies were more expensive than the white ones plainly sitting next to them.

"I'll just take these ones Mom", I said, handing her the white pack.

"But don't you like the other ones better?" she asked.

Mmmm -hmmm. Nod.

And that is when I got one the first life lessons I remember. Variety is the spice of life, she told me, and it's nice to treat yourself every once in a while to something different, just for fun.

Extend this philosophy beyond the pantie drawer, and there is a great excuse to try anything in life - just to shake it up every once in a while, and because you deserve it.

Today, I am wearing pink undies with indigo, mauve, red apple, lime, and purple grape dots. Yesterday, lime green and blue stripes. The day before, black with a hot pink cat painted on (I did that myself, meow!).

Plain Jane over top. But underneath, cardamom, anise seed, and cayenne pepper all over!

Here's to all the Mom's out there, especially mine, spicing up their kid's life.

p.s. I once worked in a manufacturing facility where ALL the women wore super glamorous, expensive lingerie under their drab lab coats. I love that!

No comments: