Monday, January 29, 2007

Foggy Daze

I was at my parents this weekend and an odd thing happened. One side of their house was shrouded in fog, while the other side was baked in sunlight. Out one window - white. Out the other - blue. It stayed like that for most of the day.

They say the grass is greener on the other side. In this case, the sky is purer white just over there (I say, pointing beyond the frosted deck), or shades of bluer just over there (pointing just above and beyond the skylight).

I feel like that sometimes. Half in a happy foggy daze, half in a blissful state of blue sky.

Here is the peaceful foggy view, to the left, in the morning:


And a soulful blue sky sunset, to the right, almost night:

I think the grass is greenest straddling the fence post, a bit of both.

No comments: