Thursday, February 15, 2007

Toys Gone By

I love old-fashioned toys. There is something so sweet about sitting in your claw-foot tub winding up a lime-green and dandelion-yellow frog and lettin' 'er rip around as you move up and down to create mini-waves. We have a sneaky shark and dorky whale as well. Remember the speedboats? Ours have crashed. Sadly.

How about lying on a rug in front of a real wood fireplace building lego homes, tinkertoy men, or a Lite Brite clown face. Spinning tops on sunny days. I still like to play with blocks. Monkeys in a Bucket. Snakes and Ladders. Plastercine. Silly Putty. I bought a Raggedy Ann for a friend for Christmas. But the best toy I saw recently was a bucket of logs to make a small real log home. I just googled "log toy cabin" and found the company that makes them is Lincoln Logs. If anyone feels like buying me a present, just for fun, I want a log cabin. On the water. In Halfmoon Bay, BC.

Speaking of retro toys, this is my new favourite website. Days Gone By. Full of good old stuff. Just for fun.

No comments: